Tribal - Terms of Service/User Agreement
Our mission is to make work meaningful. Our services are designed to help you grow both professionally and personally.
You agree that by clicking “Join Now”, “Join Tribal”, “Sign Up” or similar, registering, accessing or using our services (described below), you are agreeing to enter into a legally binding contract with Tribal (even if you are using our Services on behalf of a company). If you do not agree to this contract (“Contract” or “User Agreement”), do not click “Join Now” (or similar) and do not access or otherwise use any of our Services. If you wish to terminate this contract, at any time you can do so by closing your account and no longer accessing or using our Services.
This Contract applies to Tribal.com, Tribal-branded apps and other Tribal-related sites, apps, communications and other services that state that they are offered under this Contract (“Services”). Registered users of our Services are “Members”.
You are entering into this Contract with Tribal (also referred to as “we” and “us”).
When you register and join the Tribal Service you become a Member.
We may make changes to the Contract.
2.1 Service Eligibility
Here are some promises that you make to us in this Contract:
You’re eligible to enter into this Contract and you are at least our “Minimum Age.”
The Services are not for use by anyone under the age of 16.
To use the Services, you agree that: (1) you must be the “Minimum Age” (described below) or older; (2) you will only have one Tribal account which must be in your real name; and (3) you are not already restricted by Tribal from using the Services. Creating an account with false information is a violation of our terms, including accounts registered on behalf of others or persons under the age of 16.
“Minimum Age” means 16 years old. However, if law requires that you must be older in order for Tribal to lawfully provide the Services to you without parental consent (including using of your personal data) then the Minimum Age is such older age.
2.2 Your Account
You will keep your password a secret.
You will not share an account with anyone else and will follow our rules and the law.
Members are account holders. You agree to: (1) try to choose a strong and secure password; (2) keep your password secure and confidential; (3) not transfer any part of your account (e.g., connections) and (4) follow the law and our list of Dos and Don’ts and Tribal Community Rules. You are responsible for anything that happens through your account unless you close it or report misuse.
As between you and others (including your employer), your account belongs to you. However, if the Services were purchased by another party for you to use the party paying for such Service has the right to control access to and get reports on your use of such paid Service; however, they do not have rights to your personal account.
2.3 Notices and Messages
You’re okay with us providing notices and messages to you through our websites, apps, and contact information. If your contact information is out of date, you may miss out on important notices.
You agree that we will provide notices and messages to you in the following ways: (1) within the Service, or (2) sent to the contact information you provided us (e.g., email, mobile number, physical address). You agree to keep your contact information up to date.
When you share information on our Services, others can see, copy and use that information.
Our Services allow messaging and sharing of information in many ways, such as your profile, links to news articles, postings, comments and messaging. Information and content that you share or post may be seen by other Members.
We are not obligated to publish any information or content on our Service and can remove it in our sole discretion, with or without notice.
3. Rights and Limits
3.1. Your License to Tribal
You own all of the content, feedback, and personal information you provide to us, but you also grant us a non-exclusive license to it.
We’ll honor the choices you make about who gets to see your information and content.
As between you and Tribal, you own the content and information that you submit or post to the Services, and you are only granting Tribal and our affiliates the following non-exclusive license:
A worldwide, transferable and sublicensable right to use, copy, modify, distribute, publish, and process, information and content that you provide through our Services and the services of others, without any further consent, notice and/or compensation to you or others. These rights are limited in the following ways:
- You can end this license for specific content by deleting such content from the Services, or generally by closing your account, except (a) to the extent you shared it with others as part of the Service and they copied, re-shared it or stored it and (b) for the reasonable time it takes to remove from backup and other systems.
- We will not include your content in advertisements for the products and services of third parties to others without your separate consent (including sponsored content). However, we have the right, without payment to you or others, to serve ads near your content and information.
- While we may edit and make format changes to your content (such as translating it, modifying the size, layout or file type or removing metadata), we will not modify the meaning of your expression.
- Because you own your content and information and we only have non-exclusive rights to it, you may choose to make it available to others, including under the terms of a Creative Commons license.
By submitting suggestions or other feedback regarding our Services to Tribal, you agree that Tribal can use and share (but does not have to) such feedback for any purpose without compensation to you.
You promise to only provide information and content that you have the right to share, and that your Tribal profile will be truthful.
You agree to only provide content or information that does not violate the law nor anyone’s rights (including intellectual property rights). You also agree that your profile information will be truthful. Tribal may be required by law to remove certain information or content in certain countries.
3.2 Service Availability
We may change, suspend or end any Service, or change and modify prices prospectively in our discretion. To the extent allowed under law, these changes may be effective upon notice provided to you.
We may change or discontinue any of our Services. We don’t promise to store or keep showing any information and content that you’ve posted.
3.3 Other Content, Sites and Apps
Your use of others’ content and information posted on our Services, is at your own risk.
By using the Services, you may encounter content or information that might be inaccurate, incomplete, delayed, misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. Tribal generally does not review content provided by our Members. You agree that we are not responsible for others’ (including other Members’) content or information. We cannot always prevent this misuse of our Services, and you agree that we are not responsible for any such misuse. You also acknowledge the risk that you or your organization may be mistakenly associated with content about others when we let connections and followers know you or your organization were mentioned in the news. Members have choices about this feature.
We have the right to limit how you connect and interact on our Services.
Tribal reserves the right to limit your use of the Services, including the number of your connections and your ability to contact other Members. Tribal reserves the right to restrict, suspend, or terminate your account if Tribal believes that you may be in breach of this Contract or law or are misusing the Services (e.g., violating any of the Dos and Don’ts or Tribal Community Rules).
3.5 Intellectual Property Rights
We’re providing you notice about our intellectual property rights.
Tribal reserves all of its intellectual property rights in the Services. Using the Services does not give you any ownership in our Services or the content or information made available through our Services. Trademarks and logos used in connection with the Services are the trademarks of their respective owners. Tribal, Tribal logos and other Tribal trademarks, service marks, graphics, and logos used for our Services are trademarks or registered trademarks of Tribal.
3.6 Automated Processing
We use data and information about you to make relevant suggestions to you and others.
We will use the information and data that you provide and that we have about Members to make recommendations for connections, content and features that may be useful to you. Keeping your profile accurate and up-to-date helps us to make these recommendations more accurate and relevant.
4. Disclaimer and Limit of Liability
4.1 No Warranty
This is our disclaimer of legal liability for the quality, safety, or reliability of our Services.
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED UNDER LAW, Tribal AND ITS AFFILIATES (AND THOSE THAT Tribal WORKS WITH TO PROVIDE THE SERVICES) (A) DISCLAIM ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS (E.G. WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY OF DATA, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT); (B) DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE SERVICES WILL FUNCTION WITHOUT INTERRUPTION OR ERRORS, AND (C) PROVIDE THE SERVICE (INCLUDING CONTENT AND INFORMATION) ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS.
SOME LAWS DO NOT ALLOW CERTAIN DISCLAIMERS, SO SOME OR ALL OF THESE DISCLAIMERS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
4.2 Exclusion of Liability
These are the limits of legal liability we may have to you.
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER LAW (AND UNLESS Tribal HAS ENTERED INTO A SEPARATE WRITTEN AGREEMENT THAT OVERRIDES THIS CONTRACT), Tribal AND ITS AFFILIATES (AND THOSE THAT Tribal WORKS WITH TO PROVIDE THE SERVICES) SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR OTHERS FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY LOSS OF DATA, OPPORTUNITIES, REPUTATION, PROFITS OR REVENUES, RELATED TO THE SERVICES (E.G. OFFENSIVE OR DEFAMATORY STATEMENTS, DOWN TIME OR LOSS, USE OF, OR CHANGES TO, YOUR INFORMATION OR CONTENT).
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE LIABILITY OF Tribal AND ITS AFFILIATES (AND THOSE THAT Tribal WORKS WITH TO PROVIDE THE SERVICES) EXCEED, IN THE AGGREGATE FOR ALL CLAIMS, AN AMOUNT THAT IS THE LESSER OF (A) FIVE TIMES THE MOST RECENT MONTHLY OR YEARLY FEE THAT YOU PAID FOR A PREMIUM SERVICE, IF ANY, OR (B) US $1000.
THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS PART OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN YOU AND Tribal AND SHALL APPLY TO ALL CLAIMS OF LIABILITY (E.G. WARRANTY, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, CONTRACT, LAW) AND EVEN IF Tribal OR ITS AFFILIATES HAS BEEN TOLD OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGE, AND EVEN IF THESE REMEDIES FAIL THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
SOME LAWS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THESE LIMITS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
We can each end this Contract anytime we want.
Both you and Tribal may terminate this Contract at any time with notice to the other. On termination, you lose the right to access or use the Services. The following shall survive termination:
- Our rights to use and disclose your feedback;
- Members rights to further re-share content and information you shared through the Service to the extent copied or re-shared prior to termination;
- Sections 4, 6, 7, and 8.2 of this Contract;
- Any amounts owed by either party prior to termination remain owed after termination.
6. Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
In the unlikely event we end up in a legal dispute, Tribal and you agree to resolve it in Alabama courts using Alabama law.
7. General Terms
Here are some important details about the Contract.
If a court with authority over this Contract finds any part of it unenforceable, you and we agree that the court should modify the terms to make that part enforceable while still achieving its intent. If the court cannot do that, you and we agree to ask the court to remove that unenforceable part and still enforce the rest of this Contract.
To the extent allowed by law, the English language version of this Contract is binding and other translations are for convenience only. This Contract (including additional terms that may be provided by us when you engage with a feature of the Services) is the only agreement between us regarding the Services and supersedes all prior agreements for the Services.
If we don't act to enforce a breach of this Contract, that does not mean that Tribal has waived its right to enforce this Contract. You may not assign or transfer this Contract (or your membership or use of Services) to anyone without our consent. However, you agree that Tribal may assign this Contract to its affiliates or a party that buys it without your consent. There are no third-party beneficiaries to this Contract.
You agree that the only way to provide us legal notice is at the addresses provided in Section 10.
8. Tribal “Dos and Don’ts”
Tribal is a community that makes work meaningful. This list of “Dos and Don’ts” limit what you can and cannot do on our Services.
You agree that you will:
- Comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, anti-spam laws, export control laws, tax laws, and regulatory requirements;
- Provide accurate information to us and keep it updated;
- Use your real name on your profile; and
- Use the Services in a professional manner.
You agree that you will not:
- Create a false identity on Tribal, misrepresent your identity, create a Member profile for anyone other than yourself (a real person), or use or attempt to use another’s account;
- Develop, support or use software, devices, scripts, robots, or any other means or processes (including crawlers, browser plugins and add-ons, or any other technology) to scrape the Services or otherwise copy profiles and other data from the Services;
- Override any security feature or bypass or circumvent any access controls or use limits of the Service (such as caps on keyword searches or profile views);
- Copy, use, disclose or distribute any information obtained from the Services, whether directly or through third parties (such as search engines), without the consent of Tribal;
- Disclose information that you do not have the consent to disclose (such as confidential information of others (including your employer));
- Violate the intellectual property rights of others, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, or other proprietary rights. For example, do not copy or distribute (except through the available sharing functionality) the posts or other content of others without their permission, which they may give by posting under a Creative Commons license;
- Violate the intellectual property or other rights of Tribal, including, without limitation, (i) copying or distributing our learning videos or other materials or (ii) copying or distributing our technology, unless it is released under open source licenses; (iii) using the word “Tribal” or our logos in any business name, email, or URL;
- Post anything that contains software viruses, worms, or any other harmful code;
- Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for the Services or any related technology that is not open source;
- Imply or state that you are affiliated with or endorsed by Tribal without our express consent (e.g., representing yourself as an accredited Tribal trainer);
- Rent, lease, loan, trade, sell/re-sell or otherwise monetize the Services or related data or access to the same, without Tribal’s consent;
- Deep-link to our Services for any purpose other than to promote your profile or a Group on our Services, without Tribal’s consent;
- Use bots or other automated methods to access the Services, add or download contacts, send or redirect messages;
- Monitor the Services’ availability, performance or functionality for any competitive purpose;
- Engage in “framing,” “mirroring,” or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of the Services;
- Overlay or otherwise modify the Services or their appearance (such as by inserting elements into the Services or removing, covering, or obscuring an advertisement included on the Services);
- Interfere with the operation of, or place an unreasonable load on, the Services (e.g., spam, denial of service attack, viruses, gaming algorithms); and/or
- Violate the Tribal Community Rules or any additional terms concerning a specific Service that are provided when you sign up for or start using such Service.
9. Tribal Community Rules
We created our community rules to give a easy to understand base for content and interactions on our site and app. These are intended to help the community thrive and create a safe network. Users who violate these rules are subject to having access revoked.
- No marketing, selling, or get rich quick programs. This is a meaning network. People join Tribal to connect in meaningful relationships and purpose in life.
- No lewd behavior.
- Share grievances in person, not on Tribal. If there is something going on that you don’t like, bring it up with that person in a respectful manner in person. If it continues, elevate it up your chain of command.
- Authenticity is highly encouraged.
- No Trolls. If you can't say something nice, don't say it on Tribal.
- This is a welcome respite from political, ideological or religious debates. If you want to debate, there are plenty of other social sites you can participate in.
- Max of 150 connections/friends.
- Tell Stories that help people know each other, celebrate the other people in your company and celebrate the success in your company. Acknowledge the challenges and difficulties authentically, but provide hope for paths forward.
10. Complaints Regarding Content
Contact information for complaint about content provided by our Members.
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. We require that information posted by Members be accurate and not in violation of the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties. We provide a policy and process for complaints concerning content posted by our Members.
11. How To Contact Us
Our Contact information. Our Help Center also provides information about our Services.
If you want to send us notices or service of process, please contact us:
ONLINE - https://support.tribalapp.net